Wednesday, September 24, 2008

General Rules

I was on a long walk today and I saw something that made me think.  In the window of a video store, there was a poster for a movie starring Larry the Cable Guy.  I thought, "As a general rule, I don't watch movies with Larry the Cable Guy."  That phrase, "as a general rule," stuck in my head and I began to wonder what other "general rules" I live by.  The following is a non-exhaustive list, and not in any particular order, but these are just a few things that came to mind:

-  As a general rule... I do not watch movies starring Larry the Cable Guy.
-  As a general rule... I do not read newspapers with red titles (international joke).
-  As a general rule... I do not spend time alone with members of the opposite sex who are not my wife or daughter.
-  As a general rule... I do not listen to or watch anything with Barbara Streisand.
-  As a general rule... I do not vote for politicians who support Abortion Rights.
-  As a general rule... I do not read magazines about celebrities.
-  As a general rule... I do not agree with the positions of the ACLU.
-  As a general rule... I do not read paperback books from the grocery store.
-  As a general rule... I do not eat food in bed.
-  As a general rule... I do not like fluorescent lights.

Does anyone else have a list of "General Rules"?

2 comments:

Greg said...

As a general rule....I don't play cards without Tootsie Rolls
As a general rule...I am too tired to finish this tonight but i will get back to you tomorrow.

mantamy said...

As a general rule...I don't like rules.